In this article we will compare Fathom with Dryrun so that users, and potential users, are able to quickly evaluate and action the software that is the best fit for their business (and potentially their clients’ business). We will answer the core questions of: what will business growth or profit look like with the right SaaS tool? Which cash flow forecasting app is right for me?
Take a look at other articles for a comprehensive overview of the best financial software that the industry has to offer. If you’re after beautiful and powerful cash flow forecasting, Dryrun is king in the industry. However, it’s important that customers use software that works for their business and meets their needs.
Fathom vs. Dryrun
Each software app that we review is as unique as a fingerprint in how developers analyze, compile and visualize various financial data. Fathom is centered around beautiful report creation and integrates with accounting software giants like Xero and Quick Books Online. Ideal for some businesses but not for all, our in-depth comparison is a time investment that every business owner, accountant, and senior exec should make time for.
Fathom App Overview
Built for medium to large businesses that require numerous visualizations on financial and non-financial KPIs, benchmarks, and to a lesser degree, cash flow, Fathom users can build/customize/view reports in a variety of ways. Fathom makes data entry easy by integrating with QuickBooks Online, MYOB and Xero to get live data into the reporting framework.
● All-in-one Reporting,
● Analysis & Forecasting
● Limited Cash Flow Forecasting
● Actionable Financial Insights
● Management Reporting
● Group Benchmarking
● Bulk Editing
● Unmatched Manual Control
Dryrun App Overview
Dryrun's backbone is the rapid assembly of a flexible budget that is easy to understand and that continues forever. From there, unlimited cash flow and sales forecasting visualizations – aid businesses in their forward-focused operations.
Dryrun was built for business owners throughout a variety of industries such as the creative industry, manufacturing, technology and service firms. Varying bills and invoices can have a cataclysmic effect on cash flow if not managed proactively. Accountants also see the value in Dryrun for managing and advising their clientele across professions, as do those in finance within larger organizations.Straightforward to use and a powerful way to forecast operational decisions, users bring their data to create, manipulate and visualize different future 'what-ifs' on Dryrun's platform, which also features the ability to easily compare and contrast scenarios.
Dryrun syncs with leading accounting platforms and ERP systems, including: QuickBooks, Xero, Sage Intacct, Oracle Netsuite, Microsoft Dynamics and others. Users can also connect to Pipedrive to sync sales data and import data from a spreadsheet.
Dryrun and Fathom differ in their focus. Where Fathom is driven by past reporting, with a glance into the future, Dryrun focuses on where your business is headed.
● Ease of Use: One of the top reasons customers prefer Dryrun is for its ease of use
● Scenario Modeling: The best way to ‘Dryrun’ your decisions before you make them
● Dynamic Account Tools: Users often prefer Dryrun because of its sophisticated sync with leading accounting and ERP tools
● Flexibility: Dryrun offers an unmatched level of control and flexibility
● Clear Visuals: Dryrun also offers focused, actionable visuals
● Time-Saving: Dyrun delivers 80% time savings over a spreadsheet
● Collaboration: Additionally, Dryrun offers straight forward and powerful collaboration features
● Easy to Implement: Lastly, Dryrun equips users with a painless implementation process
● Dynamic Reporting
● Real-time Graph Updates
● Read/Write or Read-only Privileges
● Auto-Repeating Budget and Items
● Scenario Planning
● Export Forecasts to Excel
● Read-only Account Option
● Multiple Scenarios in Every Forecast
● Compound Growth Modeling
● Monthly, Quarterly, Weekly & Daily Views
● Unlimited Forecasts Per User
● Automatic Currency Conversion
● Recurring Items
● One-time Income & Expenses
Dryrun offers a suite of dynamic tools that can help businesses take control of their finances. The intuitive interface, tied with clear visuals, leads to powerful scenario modeling and that informs your decisions.
What Type of Customer Benefits Most from Dryrun
Dryrun’s unique and powerful feature-set is tailor-made for many businesses:
● Those who are financial professionals
● Businesses that earn between $1-100M annual revenue
● Those who spend a lot of time in spreadsheets
● Businesses with sophisticated/complicated accounting files
● Those who struggle to explain spreadsheets to clients/management
Ready to Take a Dryrun?
Overall, there are plenty of tools that can help with financial forecasting. Fathom, and Dryrun are just a couple of the best. Investing in the proper financial planning tool can be an excellent way to earn more revenue and propel your business forward.